Tangy sun dried tomatoes pair up beautifully with creamy, fluffy feta cheese. Pile them on top of a well-seasoned chicken breast and you have a lovely Greek influenced main course.
The best part?
This can be done in 30 minutes.
Week night meals in our house tend to be quick and easy; however, I do not believe in sacrificing flavor, health, or quality of the dish for the sake of time. This dish is a perfect example. Within minutes, it can be baking away in the oven, giving you time to prepare whatever vegetable and grain you prefer to serve alongside it. 25 minutes later, the timer beeps and the chicken gets topped with sun dried tomatoes and feta.
I’ve read several times on other blogs about sun dried tomatoes packed in water (not oil), but I have yet to find them. If you are like me and must use the oil-packed ones, just be sure to press the tomatoes in paper towels to remove the excess oil. Problem solved!
Baked Chicken with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F and lightly spray an oven proof dish.
2. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and oregano. Place chicken breasts in prepared dish and top with minced garlic.
3. Bake for about 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, remove the tomatoes from the jar, carefully draining oil. To further remove excess oil, gently press tomatoes between paper towels. Discard towels. Finely chop the tomatoes.
5. Remove chicken breast from the oven and top with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Servings: 4. Nutrition Information for 1 Serving: Calories 305, Total Fat 16.0 g, Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Sugars 5.1 g, Protein 31.8 g