I was never a big fan of cauliflower until I roasted it in the oven.
In fact, I now roast almost all my vegetables. Especially broccoli. I LOVE roasted broccoli.
Roasting vegetables is great for many reasons:
1) It is EASY. Season vegetables, put them on a pan, and let the oven do the rest.
2) Once they are in the oven, you can tend to other things.
2) It is DELICIOUS. Something magical happens when you roast vegetables. Their flavor is enhanced and even the pickiest of eaters will love them.
This is the case with my husband. He loves roasted cauliflower. I can’t blame him. Those little florets get nutty and golden in the oven, and when you sprinkle a little parmesan or pecorino romano after they come out of the oven, they are down right addicting.
But, since they’re vegetables that really isn’t a problem!
Ok, enough about the cauliflower. The beauty of this meal is it can be done in 30 minutes, and 20 of those minutes are free for you to clean, answer emails, etc. because the oven is doing the work for you! Perfect for a week night.
- 6 cups uncooked cauliflower florets (about 1 large) cut small
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Combine cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper well so all the florets are coated and seasoned. Place in a large shallow roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
3) Roast for about 20-25 minutes, turning florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked. Remove from oven and top with Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano and additional salt and pepper if needed.
Servings: about 6 cups. Nutritional information per 1 cup serving: Calories: 126. Fat: 10.5g Carbs: 5.9g Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 0 g Protein: 2.8 g
Recipe adapted from skinnytatse.com
Easy Roasted Salmon
4 6oz. Salmon fillets
1). Preheat oven to 400F.
2). Season salmon with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Place salmon a sprayed baking sheet or pan.
3). Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional information per 6 oz. serving of salmon: Calories: 300 Fat: 15g Protein: 36 g Carbs: 0g