Have you caught up to the time change yet? I still find myself dragging and struggling to adjust! Here is a super easy, low-prep recipe to get you through the week. If you’ve never made BBQ chicken in the crock pot, you have to try it! I made this for the first time just a few months ago and we were blown away by how delicious it turned out. If you have chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, and some bread you are all set! All you have to do is season the chicken in the crock pot, shred it when it’s done, and add your favorite BBQ sauce. I told you it is easy!
I like that you can control how much sauce you want on your sandwich. I really need to try to make my own BBQ sauce one day. It’s not that difficult to do, I just haven’t done it yet. It’s on the list! Anyway, if you happen to have leftovers, you can either mix the chicken with the sauce and reheat, or store the chicken plain and add sauce after reheating. Just be careful because the chicken can dry out that way!
Now for a confession. I can’t say I ever LOVED green beans until I roasted them for the first time a couple years ago. I pretty much refuse to make them any other way now! The tips caramelize and thus get crunchy as they cook in the oven. They’re so good. Be sure to season well with salt, pepper, and garlic powder for awesome flavor!
I think both of these recipes are sure to be family favorites, but if you have a green bean hater you should sprinkle just a pinch of shredded parmesan on top. It really takes it to the next level. Delish!
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts (you can easily double this to make more than 4 sandwiches!)
- garlic powder
- your favorite BBQ sauce
1) Spray your crock pot with cooking spray.
2) Place your chicken breasts in the crock pot and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3). Shred chicken and mix with your favorite BBQ sauce to taste! Enjoy!
Serves 4. Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 328 Carbs: 46g Fat: 3g Protein: 27g Sugar: 37g
Roasted Green Beans
- 12 oz green beans, washed and dried
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 425F. Line a pan with foil for easy clean up. Mix the green beans with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Make sure they are all in one even layer on the pan.
2) Bake for 10 minutes. Mix the beans lightly and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese (optional).
Serves: about 4. Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 62 Fat: 2.9g Carbs: 8g Protein: 2.7g Sodium: 38g without salt
2 thoughts on “Crock Pot BBQ Chicken and Roasted Green Beans”
Pingback: How to Make Perfectly Shredded Chicken in the Crock Pot and KitchenAid Mixer | Audrey's Apron
Pingback: From the Archives: Parmesan Roasted Green Beans | Audrey's Apron