Fresh baby greens tossed with whole wheat pasta noodles, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette! This salad is perfect for summer and a great option to take to a potluck or cookout because it can easily be doubled to feed a crowd. It is vegetarian friendly, and can be made gluten-free by substituting brown rice pasta. The original recipe called for capers, but my husband and I are not fans of that ingredient so I omitted them! You can absolutely add them if you’d like.
There are so many ways to serve this salad. It can be the perfect side dish to a grilled chicken breast or fillet of fish, but it can also be a meal in itself! The vinaigrette is perfect and after making this salad, I made extra to be able to serve on top of other salads throughout the week. It is delicious!
Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens
- 3 oz (about 4 cups) baby arugula and baby spinach mix
- 5 oz high fiber or whole wheat pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1) Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water.
2) In a large bowl, combine the pasta, baby greens, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well, then just before serving top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Makes about 6 cups.
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories: 169 Fat: 5g Carbs: 29.5g Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 271 mg without salt Cholest: 2mg
WW PointsPlus: 5 Old points: 3
Recipe adapted from: skinnytaste.com